The Oxford Conference closed successfully on October 21, 2022. In this meeting, participants gathered from around the world, i.e., from USA, Japan, Canada, Brazil, Chile, Australia, Germany, Ireland, Italy, France, Poland, UK, Portugal, Mexico, and Spain. They met face-to-face for the first time in several years, discussed the latest topics from 8 AM to 9 PM every day for 5 days, and could have rediscovered the value of connectivity among neurons, glia and humans in the respiratory network. The discussion should have clarified what should be elucidated next for a better understanding of the mechanisms of breathing control.
The entire program booklet can be downloaded from below (PDF, 2.9 MB).
Also, please download the group photo taken on October 20 from below (JPG, 25.1 MB).
Further, please enjoy an artistic video of the beautiful sunrise taken from the Hotel guest room, which was provided by Dr. Melissa Bates and her colleagues (MOV, 65 MB). Melissa, thank you!
A website for submitting manuscripts for the Oxford Conference-affiliated special issue of Respiratory Physiology & Neurobiology was launched. Please summarize your presentation and idea as an original or review paper and submit it to the special issue. For details, visit the page PUBLICATION IN JOURNALS.
The next (16th) Oxford Conference will be organized by Christopher Del Negro, Doug Bayliss, Dan Mulkey, Luciane Gargaglioni, and Teresa Pitts, and will be held at Williamsburg, VA, USA, tentatively (but almost certainly) scheduled from Monday September 30 to Friday October 4, 2024 (not 2025).
Finally, all of the organizing committees members cordially thank all the participants and supporters for making the 15th Oxford Conference successful! See you at the 16th Oxford Conference in the USA!
The Oxford Conference finally opens.
The number of patients with COVID-19 has been largely decreasing in Japan. However, Hilton Odawara requests all the guests to wear masks inside the hotel to prevent infection. We organizers also ask you to obey their requests.
In addition to the regular shuttle bus service, extra bus service is provided for the participants. The bus departure point at the Odawara Station for extra buses is the same as for regular shuttle buses and is outside the Odawara Station West Exit (see the webpage of Transportation).
The deadline for registration has been extended to September 30.
The deadline for abstract submission has been extended to September 27.
The content of the program has been updated, and the time table has been posted.
The content of the program has been updated.
1. Booking of rooms at Hilton Odawara at a special discount rate has started. Please visit the page “Housing” and book a room.
2. We encourage participants to share a room at Hilton Odawara. We have opened a web page “Hotel Room Sharing” where you can post a comment and find other participants who want to share a room.
The start of room booking at Hilton Odawara at a special rate has been delayed. It will start next week.
1. The registration for participation for scholars and accompanying persons starts on August 16.
2. The submission of abstracts starts on August 16. Completion of the registration is necessary for the submission of abstracts.
3. The booking of rooms at Hilton Odawara at a special rate will start this week.
4. We encourage participants to share a room. We will soon open a web page where you can post and find participants who want to share a room.
5. Please visit the page “Condition to Enter Japan” and apply for an ERFS certificate, which is necessary to apply for a visa to enter Japan.
6. We are accepting donations. Please visit the web page “Call for Donations” and support the meeting in the midst of this difficult situation.
. The description of the “Condition to Enter Japan” was not sufficient. All foreign participants entering Japan must have visas. The description of the “Condition to Enter Japan” has been revised. We are happy to help with your visa application.
. Because the COVID-19 pandemic has begun to subside, the Oxford Conference will happen as scheduled in October 2022.
. Due to the persistence of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Oxford Conference 2020 is postponed to October 2022.
. We are carefully watching the situation of the pandemic. Updates will be posted on this web page. Have a safe and happy new year.
April 19, 2020. Due to the pandemic of COVID-19, the Oxford Conference 2020 is postponed to October 2021.
From October 17th (Mon, PM) to October 21st (Fri, Noon), 2022